RADIO SHOW/AUDIO PODCAST
Solutions...with Courtney Anderson! (SwCA)
Episode 244 -
Originally aired 12/31/2014 9:00 AM -
COMMUNICATIONS COMMUNIQUÉ series -
“Say Your Name, Say Your Name…”
"Right Click" Link Above and "Save-As" to Download to Your Computer!
YOU DID IT!
Solutions...with Courtney Anderson! (SwCA) has tens of thousands of downloads in over 40 countries and is growing! This is one of the fastest-growing global business podcasts! I am host Courtney E. Anderson and I have been featured as a business and legal expert for numerous media outlets including BusinessWeek, CNN - HLN, Cosmopolitan, MSNBC, USA Today, FOX News, CNN International, The Wall Street Journal and many more...
This show is a dream come true for me as I am able to share my lifetime of experience with dedicated and passionate community members around the world. Thank you!
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
Subscribe via iTunes
Subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed)
I DO NEED YOUR HELP:
- Please leave your rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes!
- Leave your rating and review on Stitcher by clicking here .
- PLEASE SUPPORT THE SHOW BY COMPLETING OUR DEMOGRAPHIC SURVEY AT LIBSYN!
TALK SHOW EPISODE NOTES
This is our COMMUNICATIONS COMMUNIQUÉ™ series! Our ability to express our ideas is critical to achieving any of our goals in life. We may possess the secret to eternal life and perpetual joy, but if it is trapped inside our thoughts with no way to share it with others it is useless. When we speak, write, stand, touch, move, see, hear, taste and/ or use any of our body to express what is in our mind we are able to create real life manifestations of our internal thoughts.
In this series we explore the techniques to most effectively express our ideas. The series is very important as the most brilliant ideas are nullified by the failure to effectively marshall our pathways of idea delivery (it is not what we say but how we say it). Due to the very important nature of each of these shows they are therefore each a communiqué. Thus, our series name, COMMUNICATIONS COMMUNIQUÉ™, is born!
This episode is, “Say Your Name, Say Your Name…”
In this show we discuss A Stone* of Solutions™ including:
1) This show title reminds me of this 1999 (wow!) song by Destiny’s Child: https://youtu.be/sQgd6MccwZc
2) Do you want to learn magic words that will cut through the noise and distraction in our world and grab the attention of another person?
3) …Magic words that will ensure that you are noticed, heard and paid attention to (by a boss, client, customer, peer, etc.)?
4) …Magic words that will also help you to create a positive impression with the listener (as long as you pronounce them correctly)?
5) …Magic words that the listener never grows tired of hearing or starts to tune out?
6) Here you go…say their name.
7) “A person’s name is to him or her the sweetest and most important sound in any language.” – Dale Carnegie. (http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/capitalbusiness/career-coach-the-power-of-using-a-name/2014/01/10/8ca03da0-787e-11e3-8963-b4b654bcc9b2_story.html)
8) So, the incredible power of using names is understood? Good.
9) “Brain Activation When Hearing One’s Own and Others’ Names - The findings of this simple paradigm are consistent with the findings in the literature. There is unique brain activation specific to one’s own name in relation to the names of others. In addition, the patterns of activation when hearing one’s own name relative to hearing the names of others are similar to the patterns reported when individuals make judgments about themselves and their personal qualities, and include the regions of the medial frontal cortex and superior temporal cortex near the temporo-parietal junction.” (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1647299/)
10) Why aren’t you saying your own name sufficiently?
11) When you communicate with other people you have to anchor yourself in their consciousness.
12) When you begin a professional interaction, say your name.
13) The customer, client or other party is wondering, who are you?
14) Say their name and say your name (confidently, energetically) so that people associate your name with your awesome work product. Say your name!
BONUS: “Remember, people want to be treated as human beings, not objects.” (http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/capitalbusiness/career-coach-the-power-of-using-a-name/2014/01/10/8ca03da0-787e-11e3-8963-b4b654bcc9b2_story.html)
You are not an object, you are a person. Say your name!
My name is Courtney Anderson and let’s talk in this episode about why you should “Say Your Name, Say Your Name…” to excel in your professional endeavors!
*A stone is unit of measure equaling 14 pounds (so we have 14 elements in our one stone of solutions!).
RELATED TELEVISION TALK SHOWS/