RADIO SHOW/AUDIO PODCAST
Solutions...with Courtney Anderson! (SwCA)
Episode 235 -
Originally aired 12/15/2014 9:00 AM -
HELP! SITUATION SPOTLIGHT series -
"I Look Young And People Don’t Take Me Seriously At Work.”
"Right Click" Link Above and "Save-As" to Download to Your Computer!
YOU DID IT!
Solutions...with Courtney Anderson! (SwCA) has tens of thousands of downloads in over 40 countries and is growing! This is one of the fastest-growing global business podcasts! I am host Courtney E. Anderson and I have been featured as a business and legal expert for numerous media outlets including BusinessWeek, CNN - HLN, Cosmopolitan, MSNBC, USA Today, FOX News, CNN International, The Wall Street Journal and many more...
This show is a dream come true for me as I am able to share my lifetime of experience with dedicated and passionate community members around the world. Thank you!
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
Subscribe via iTunes
Subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed)
I DO NEED YOUR HELP:
- Please leave your rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes!
- Leave your rating and review on Stitcher by clicking here .
- PLEASE SUPPORT THE SHOW BY COMPLETING OUR DEMOGRAPHIC SURVEY AT LIBSYN!
TALK SHOW EPISODE NOTES
In our HELP! SITUATION SPOTLIGHT™ series, we shine the light on challenges that community members have shared.
This episode is, "I Look Young And People Don’t Take Me Seriously At Work."
In this show we discuss A Stone* of Solutions™ including:
2) If you actually are young, how wonderful!
3) Youth is not wasted on the young. It is not wasted on anyone.
4) If you look young and are not chronologically young, how nice for you.
5) Age is relative, so 'young' is in the eye of the beholder.
6) Stereotypes about age (and perceived age) impact us all.
7) The stereotype for those who appear youthful is that they are immature, not experienced and should be molded and developed by a more mature professional.
8) “Can Looking Too Young Hurt You at Work?
Most women would kill to look years younger than they are. But could it jeopardize your career?” (COSMOPOLITAN)
9) “People will not like you if you make them feel old and out of touch” (Forbes)
10) Recognize rude statements for what they are (e.g., "I bet you were just a baby when we had that client account!").
11) What should you do to appear older?
12) Not much. You should always dress and accessorize appropriately for the organizational culture. Yet, dressing 'older' will not magically erase the youthful appearance you possess. It may also appear contrived.
13) Instead, focus on the substance of your contribution.
14) To be taken seriously, take yourself seriously. (Self disciplined, assertive, organized, powerful.)
Some people are wise business leaders as teenagers and some people are not wise at 70. It is an individual issue and do not let stereotypes and prejudice derail your goals. Let's discuss!
*A stone is unit of measure equaling 14 pounds (so we have 14 elements in our one stone of solutions!).
RELATED TELEVISION TALK SHOWS/