RADIO SHOW/AUDIO PODCAST
Solutions...with Courtney Anderson! (SwCA)
Episode 236 -
Originally aired 12/16/2014 9:00 AM -
JOYFUL ART OF BUSINESS! series -
“Please and Thank-You Will Take You Far In Business.”
"Right Click" Link Above and "Save-As" to Download to Your Computer!
YOU DID IT!
Solutions...with Courtney Anderson! (SwCA) has tens of thousands of downloads in over 40 countries and is growing! This is one of the fastest-growing global business podcasts! I am host Courtney E. Anderson and I have been featured as a business and legal expert for numerous media outlets including BusinessWeek, CNN - HLN, Cosmopolitan, MSNBC, USA Today, FOX News, CNN International, The Wall Street Journal and many more...
This show is a dream come true for me as I am able to share my lifetime of experience with dedicated and passionate community members around the world. Thank you!
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
Subscribe via iTunes
Subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed)
I DO NEED YOUR HELP:
- Please leave your rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes!
- Leave your rating and review on Stitcher by clicking here .
- PLEASE SUPPORT THE SHOW BY COMPLETING OUR DEMOGRAPHIC SURVEY AT LIBSYN!
TALK SHOW EPISODE NOTES
In our JOYFUL ART OF BUSINESS™ series we explore how to combine the positive benefits of our professional endeavors (“business”) with the overall positive emotional return on our efforts (“joy”). The act of engaging in professional endeavors, in any capacity (i.e., as an employee, employer, entrepreneur, contractor, volunteer, paid, full time, part time, intermittently, etc.) is an expression of our ideas and creative talents (“art”).
This episode is, “Please and Thank-You Will Take You Far In Business."
In this show we discuss A Stone* of Solutions™ including:
1. You're welcome!
2. Manners Matter.
3. It is illogical to argue that "this is business" and "results outweigh everything else" in regards to rude behavior.
4. Because this is business...and humans are the core of all business...
5. how you treat humans determines the future of the firm (and your career).
6. If you have the best product or service in the world BUT, your customers, clients, constituents, vendors, staff, executives, etc., do not feel that are treated politely and respectfully,
7. your firm will ultimately fail (to thrive, to continue, etc).
8. When competitors come into the market, your best employees will leave for those better treatment workplaces.
9. Your clients will accept a marginally lower quality product or service from your competitors with higher quality politeness.
10. From THE ROLE OF POLITENESS IN BUSINESS DISCOURSE
“principles of business communication and the related notion of politeness do not differ from the principles which apply to communication in general.” (Zenja Kansky-Rozman Ekonomski fakultet, Ljubljana, Slovenija)
11. “In competitive letters, which are usually conveying negative information, it is better to avoid you-language.” (Analysis of Politeness Strategy in Competitive Business English Letters)
12. From Power and politeness: a study of social interaction in business meetings with multicultural participation, “Polite language, as the data suggest, is not an add-on or a cushioning device to pave the way for the smoother application of power; in workplace interaction, it is a pre-condition within which power can be exercised.”
(Mabelle Victoria, 2009)
13. Think about how career politicians make each supporter feel special and valued. Think about how they work a room and connect with each person they meet. When you deploy authentic skills to share gratitude and appreciation with others, you have a competitive advantage for yourself and your organization.
14. You must have polite internal thoughts (about yourself, your life, etc.) to be able to authentically and consistently share externally polite language with others. What are you thinking? Revisit our show:
"I have 70,000 thoughts per day?! Really?!" RADIO SHOW/AUDIO PODCAST Solutions...with Courtney Anderson! (SwCA) Episode 011 -
Originally aired 1/2/2014 10:00 AM - HELP! SITUATION SPOTLIGHT series
Please join me for this show and thank-you for your time and attention!
*A stone is unit of measure equaling 14 pounds (so we have 14 elements in our one stone of solutions!).
RELATED TELEVISION TALK SHOWS/