"The Office Bully. Are They Bullying You?"RADIO SHOW/AUDIO PODCAST Solutions...with Courtney Anderson! (SwCA) Episode 229 - Originally aired 12/05/2014 9:00 AM - HR HEROES HANGOUT series
In this show we discuss A Stone* of Solutions™ including:
1) Our HR Heroes aren't bullied.
2) For non-HR Hero staff, yes.
3) If you know who the "Office Bully" is...
4) then they are bullying you.
5) The job of HR is to be "on the side of" what is best for the organization. Revisit our show, “Whose ‘side’ is HR really on? Employer or Employee?”
RADIO SHOW/AUDIO PODCAST
Solutions...with Courtney Anderson! (SwCA) Episode 126 - Originally aired 6/17/2014 9:00 AM - HR HEROES HANGOUT series
6) The mission of HR is to protect the HR assets (humans) that will enable the organization to succeed (healthy fiscally, high retention, high engagement, high performing, High employee support and development, etc.).
7) Bullies by definition endanger the assets and the organization.
"Definition of bully
a : a blustering browbeating person; especially : one habitually cruel to others who are weaker"
Bully. (n.d.). Retrieved November 26, 2014, from http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bully
8) It is the responsibility of HR to protect the organization and the human assets from bullies.
9) HR HEROES DO NOT: ...tell managers with complaints regarding the office bully to proceed with caution by being patient ("there is no formal complaint so there is nothing that we can do at this time");
10) ....tell the manager to "work it out" ("there are always personality conflicts");
11) ...tell the manager, "But, they'll [...]