RADIO SHOW/AUDIO PODCAST
Solutions...with Courtney Anderson! (SwCA)
Episode 233 -
Originally aired 12/11/2014 9:00 AM -
JOYFUL ART OF BUSINESS! series -
“To Be Successful, Be Specific.”
"Right Click" Link Above and "Save-As" to Download to Your Computer!
YOU DID IT!
Solutions...with Courtney Anderson! (SwCA) has tens of thousands of downloads in over 40 countries and is growing! This is one of the fastest-growing global business podcasts! I am host Courtney E. Anderson and I have been featured as a business and legal expert for numerous media outlets including BusinessWeek, CNN - HLN, Cosmopolitan, MSNBC, USA Today, FOX News, CNN International, The Wall Street Journal and many more...
This show is a dream come true for me as I am able to share my lifetime of experience with dedicated and passionate community members around the world. Thank you!
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
Subscribe via iTunes
Subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed)
I DO NEED YOUR HELP:
- Please leave your rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes!
- Leave your rating and review on Stitcher by clicking here .
- PLEASE SUPPORT THE SHOW BY COMPLETING OUR DEMOGRAPHIC SURVEY AT LIBSYN!
TALK SHOW EPISODE NOTES
In our JOYFUL ART OF BUSINESS™ series we explore how to combine the positive benefits of our professional endeavors (“business”) with the overall positive emotional return on our efforts (“joy”). The act of engaging in professional endeavors, in any capacity (i.e., as an employee, employer, entrepreneur, contractor, volunteer, paid, full time, part time, intermittently, etc.) is an expression of our ideas and creative talents (“art”).
This episode is, “To Be Successful, Be Specific.”
In this show we discuss A Stone* of Solutions™ including:
1. If you don’t know specifically what you want, who does?
2. I know you know what you specifically want.
3. Don’t lie to me, and;
4. Don’t lie to yourself.
5. Are you scared of what others will think?
6. Do you think that your specific goals are “too much” and unrealistic?
7. Revisit our show: “Ask For What You Want AND Be Prepared To Get It.” RADIO SHOW/AUDIO PODCAST Solutions...with Courtney Anderson! (SwCA) Episode 207 - Originally aired 11/5/2014 9:00 AM - JOYFUL ART OF BUSINESS! series
8. If you will not specifically name, claim and define your future, who will?
9. Your specific goal is a map destination.
10. Once you state it, all you have to do is set the route.
11. From Harvard Business Review, Nine Things Successful People Do Differently - 1. Get specific. When you set yourself a goal, try to be as specific as possible. “Lose 5 pounds” is a better goal than “lose some weight,” because it gives you a clear idea of what success looks like. Knowing exactly what you want to achieve keeps you motivated until you get there. Also, think about the specific actions that need to be taken to reach your goal. Just promising you’ll “eat less” or “sleep more” is too vague — be clear and precise. “I’ll be in bed by 10pm on weeknights” leaves no room for doubt about what you need to do, and whether or not you’ve actually done it.”
12. Revisit our show: "How Am I Supposed to Follow My Passion When I Don’t Know What It Is?” RADIO SHOW/AUDIO PODCAST Solutions...with Courtney Anderson! (SwCA) Episode 044 - Originally aired 2/21/2014 9:00 AM - HELP! SITUATION SPOTLIGHT series
13. Revisit our show: “You Get No More Out of Life Than You Demand.” - Edythe Heslip RADIO SHOW/AUDIO PODCAST Solutions...with Courtney Anderson! (SwCA) Episode 148 - Originally aired 7/17/2014 9:00 AM - MYTH WARRIORS series
14. Revisit our show: “I Never Intended to Become a Run-Of-The-Mill Person.”- Barbara Jordan RADIO SHOW/AUDIO PODCAST Solutions...with Courtney Anderson! (SwCA) Episode 070 - Originally aired 3/31/2014 9:00 AM - JOYFUL ART OF BUSINESS! series
Let's move forward together to specifically strategize, plan for execution and realize your achievement of surpassing your goals!
*A stone is unit of measure equaling 14 pounds (so we have 14 elements in our one stone of solutions!).
RELATED TELEVISION TALK SHOWS/