"How Do You Cope When Reality Begins to Exceed Your Dreams?” RADIO SHOW/AUDIO PODCAST Solutions...with Courtney Anderson! (SwCA) Episode 241 - Originally aired 12/23/2014 9:00 AM - SATISFACTION SATURATION series
In this show we discuss A Stone* of Solutions™ including:
1. Tough question.
2. Very few people are prepared.
3. Are you?
4. How do you prepare for a life you aren't even able to conceive in your wildest dreams?
5. Show title inspired by this New York Times article with Philip Galanes interviewing Elton John and Darren Walker, "PG: How did you cope when reality began to exceed your dreams?" (http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/30/fashion/elton-john-and-darren-walker-on-race-sexual-identity-and-leaving-the-past-behind.html?_r=0)
6. Do you even want this?
7. "John Vechey, co-founder of Seattle-based games maker PopCap Games, just sold his company to Electronic Arts for just under a billion dollars, so you might think he doesn't have to fret about success any longer. But according to Vechey, it's not success that CEOs need to be concerned about, but how they will deal with that success once it comes their way. [...] "People can't relate." Being a CEO can be lonely and it's often impossible for friends and colleagues to understand your experience. "Friends assume that because I have a games company, I can do whatever I want or that I spend all day playing games. Sometimes I do but don't tell my boss."
8. Can you stop success once it starts to snowball?
9. "JK Rowling had therapy to cope with [...]