In this show we discuss A Stone* of Solutions™ including:
1) You can't force teams to bond.
2) Why do you think that you need teams to bond?
3) Functional teams function.
4) Dysfunctional teams do not function.
5) Team Building is a REWARD for FUNCTIONAL TEAMS.
6) Read number 5 again.
7) Team Building transforms Performing Teams into High Performing Teams. Team Building does not positively impact teams that do not function (as they have no existing foundation to build upon).
8) Lack of leadership is the reason for dysfunction teams (of managers, supervisors, HR, executives, etc.).
9) Problems caused by leadership must be solved by addressing leadership (not team building).
10) First, address leadership problems to create an opportunity for a functional team.
11) Second, assess the team to determine if they are functional or dysfunctional.
12) Lastly, Functional Teams are REWARDED with Team Building(indoor, outdoor, on site, offsite, retreat, or of the type that mostmeets the existing functional team expectations of a REWARD).
13) Dysfunctional teams are not a team (due to [...]