“Leaders Are Not Liked. They Are Respected.” RADIO SHOW/AUDIO PODCAST Solutions...with Courtney Anderson! (SwCA) Episode 231 - Originally aired 12/09/2014 9:00 AM - MANAGEMENT MAGICIANS series
In this show we discuss A Stone* of Solutions™ including:
1. If you feel that you must be liked by others, do not accept a leadership position.
2. Definition of Like: ": to enjoy (something) : to get pleasure from (something) : to regard (something) in a favorable way: to feel affection for (someone) : to enjoy being with (someone)" Like. (n.d.). Retrieved November 28, 2014, from http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/like
3. Definition of Respect ": a feeling of admiring someone or something that is good, valuable, important, etc. : a feeling or understanding that someone or something is important, serious, etc., and should be treated in an appropriate way : a particular way of thinking about or looking at something" Respect. (n.d.). Retrieved November 28, 2014, from http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/respect
4. You don’t earn respect. You sustain it.
5. How? Consistency, and;
6. Confidentiality, and [...]